Friday, January 20, 2017

Books with Cheating Part 2





If you want more books with cheating or betrayal, check my list. There might or might not be some spoilers!





Caught - Erika Ashby

“Guess we aren’t on speaking terms. Maybe I should have slept with her boyfriend a long time ago. Not really.”

Hero and heroine are BFFs. H has a GF, which by the way is the best friend of the h. The three ended up in an almost threesome. The GF is too drunk so she fell asleep. When she woke up, the two told her nothing happened BUT....take a wild guess! I'll leave it your imagination. A lot of things, realizations and admission ensued.





This Broken Beautiful Thing - Sophie Summers

Before anything else, this is a cliffhanger. So have the second book ready because you wouldn't want to reach the end of the first book and then not have the second. Don't do that and you'll have a great deal of hair pulling!

H cheated h with her best friend at the day she found out she was pregnant. She was going to tell him but then she was the one surprised when she caught them in the act.  Say huwwatt?! I know right!

So h ran away and got hit by the other soon-to-be man, who she found out was her father's friend. They're members of a motor bike club. So she moved on this man, all things went well at first of course, but then this other man turned out to be another cheater.

Who will she pick at the end? This book is jam packed but very enjoyable and full of angst.  No time to be bored.



Trouble Won't Wait - Autumn Piper

The story started with the heroine catching her husband in a compromising situation with another woman during Thanksgiving in a garage - if I remember it right, in their own garage! Naturally, h would want to run, literally. There, during the run, he met the H. But then h don't want to just ruin everything for her and her husband's children and would not want for things to end so drastically during the holidays so they agreed to break it slowly to the children. They even tried going to counseling. But then the husband is a natural jerk, while the Hero is a natural sweetheart, so it's a no-brainer who she'd pick.

What I like here is how the heroine evolved and the growth of the characters. Story is fast-paced and there is some sense of lightness to it in spite of all the betrayal and cheating involved.

Whatever It Takes - L. Maretta

A story of a husband and a wife's not too long marriage rocked by infidelity and betrayal. So how would you get over that really?! When you thought everything is great and dandy, and then suddenly your husband blurts out on you that he cheated while he was away on a trip. Like admitting it before getting caught will make it hurt less. Nah.


And of course, Ta-Daa - The CLASSICS...with excerpts.




Thoughtless - S.C. Stephens

“What if I don’t choose you, Kellan? What will you do?”
He looked away, a tear rolling down his cheek. “I’ll leave, Kiera. I’ll leave, and you and Denny can have your happily ever after.” He looked back at me. “You wouldn’t even need to tell him about me. Eventually, the two of you…” his voice broke and another tear fell on his cheek, “the two of you would get married, and have children, and have a great life.”
I fought back a sob. “And you? What happens to you in that scenario?”
“I…get by. And I miss you, every day,” he whispered.”





The Vincent Boys - Abbi Glines

“I can't do this Ash. It's killing me. Having you this close and not touching you is driving me insane. You're his Ash. You're his. You made your choice and I understand why you chose him. I don't hold it against you but dammit Ash it hurts.”






Undeniable - Madeline Sheehan

Mark Twain said, "The two most important days in your life is the day you were born and the day you find out why."
I don't remember the day I was born but I remember the day I found out why.
His name was Deuce.
He was my "why".
And this is our story.
It is not a pretty one.
Some parts of it are downright ugly.
But it's ours.
And because I believe everything happens for a reason, I wouldn't change a thing.



Lexi, Baby - Lynda Leeane



The Ultimate Betrayal - Michelle Reid



The Ultimate Betrayal - Michelle Reid

“I'm your husband...”
“No. You are not my husband,” she interrupted in a voice thickened with hatred and tears. “You have never been my husband. A husband loves, honours and cherishes! A husband is a lover and a champion... Look into the next room if you want to see what a real husband is, because you are no such thing!"


There are so many books out there with this kind of story line but not everything is good.  All the books listed above were read and I assure you all of them are great. Do you have your own list? Feel free to share them below!


No comments:

Post a Comment