Friday, January 13, 2017

Review: Torrid Affair - Callie Anderson

I’m fucked.

The life I have lived for the past ten years is built solely on lies and secrets.

But I can’t help myself.

I’m in love with two different men. And one of them is my brother-in-law.

He’s my drug. My fire. My addiction.

But he’s married to my best friend. And I’m married to my husband.

I’m not ashamed. I have no guilt.

None.

I’m not fucked. I’m a fucked up person.

This is the story of how I ruined my life.

And the life of the one I loved most.



The story line started off as very promising. It's exciting and angsty on the first part that you don't really want to put the book down --- then it settled down. You know, two people meet for the first time, liked each other, felt the spark, then decided to go out on a date that ended up in a semi-kiss. The second time they see each other, girl found out he is her bff's boyfriend.. well sort of boyfriend, but still he is someone's boyfriend. So girl got angry - of course! Well, I don't want to tell the story and spoil it for other people. This is a story about second chances. Like right off the bat, it was just bad timing. What troubled me the most was the fact that it was not complicated yet when they found out, things can still be fixed if they want to be with each other. Hero and other woman were not that serious yet. I felt like almost everything is just a case of immaturity with all those decisions at the start and it continue to happen all throughout the book that ended in a tragedy. Just one immature move to the next that led them to their miserable lives all those years. It sucks too that that happened for such a looonng span of time. Like what the heck? 10 years?! I wish it was shorter, like they wasted so much time.  There was a lot of cheating - obviously- from all sides. So those who don't like cheating in their books.. skip this one! The title alone will tell you.


Overall, I think there are parts that's really good, but some parts just lacks something. I wish there's more buildup especially from books with cheating, you just can't help but to expect it.  I wish also more time with the hero and heroine when they were finally together.


Stand alone/Cliffhanger: Stand alone.
POV: Alternate
Cheating: Yes
Rate: 3.5/5 







No comments:

Post a Comment